CPU compatible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I'm Helping someone do some upgrades but they are tight on money and won't spend for the good stuff so this will be a budget build one piece at a time, my question is will a older Pentium 4 775 with 1mb of Cache (have not found out which one yet) work in a newer MB like this one. Newegg.com - ASUS P5KPL-CM LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards He is eventually going to upgrade to a newer faster CPU so I want to use a board that will be able to take it, But he needs the MB now. His old one is shorting out someplace. It will boot up if you put pressure on the board on the corner with all the wire pins, but just shuts down and powers off randomly. and won't boot up unless you push on that corner again and sometimes won't reboot unless you play with it. Tonight I plan to pull it out and see which CPU he has, but this real job (2nd shift 10 hr days) keeps getting into the way. Then need to do a complete build for someone on Monday. Basically are MB backwards compatible with 775 CPU's ???

Thanks for the help
Dauntae

he already has the CPU, I built this system so long ago and he came back and his system is FUBAR. He had one of those hack of shops put a new mb and tower and I think they used a torque wrench to hold the MB in. Which explains why there is a short, so now I'm redoing it again. So all I need is the mb but he plans to upgrade the CPU later so I wanted one that could handle newer CPU's later on but at a low price since he never seems to have any cash to do it.

Thanks
Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom