Looking into a new Processor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much ram do you have?

You best investment might be a new motherboard so that you can overclock (its really easy and it doesn't damage the cpu or anything bad), might slightly shorten the life but it will still be working a few years down the line

No luck using an 1333mhz Processor like the e8500 (it says in the specs)

Dose this mean that my Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Wolfdale 3.33GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops won't work with my motherboard/work inefficiently?

Btw, I have 2 gigs of RAM, and I have a 3rd gig in the mail... should be here in a couple days.

its better that you buy a high end gpu than purchase a processor, but as i suggested earlier save the money and after a year or so, come back here and ask advice from the pros about your ultimate gaming rig and dont buy branded pc they are only good for schools or office work :), build everything from scratch and your gaming experience will be far more better.

Dose this mean that my Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Wolfdale 3.33GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops won't work with my motherboard/work inefficiently?

Btw, I have 2 gigs of RAM, and I have a 3rd gig in the mail... should be here in a couple days.

It just won't work, you need a CPU that isn't 1333FSB

Hehe, if you don't mind me asking, what is FSB? What does it mean, and or do? There is still a lot about PCs I don't know and I really would like to build my own some day. Motherboards are another thing I have no knowledge about. What are major things you want to look for in a motherboard, and what do you look for to prevent comparability issues? (Like the FSB thing) :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom