How much do YOU invest?

Which service does not depend upon Plug & Play?

• Fax Service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Logical Disk Manager

• Print Spooler

• Smart Card

• Logical Disk Manager Admin. Service

• Telephony

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I envy everyone who has.... money....

It sucks to not even be able to afford something simple like an extra fan or some thermal paste, because I have to save every bit of money i can so i can get the next part i need to keep it running. Right now, I'm CPU-less and memory-less, so it'll be awhile till I game again.

Arg it sucks having to use my dad's Comcrap for all my work...

No thermal paste? Damn! Guess you would know if pencil shavings make good coffee, right?

Decent paste is 99 cents, bud.

I get a whole new comp ever year to year and a half. The price for the last three comps are as follows for TOTAL comps with speakers and monitors.
1st: Emachine 1.7Ghz $600
2nd: Custom Gigabyte mobo, 2Ghz AMD $800
3rd: (comp in my sig) $3,000 (2 grand for just the comp)

ShoobieRat said:
Decent paste is 99 cents, bud.

Not around here - people want rediculous ammouts. Id get it off newegg, only they want 4 bucks for shipping on a tiny package like that... ends up being 6-8 bucks for paste, which is rediculous.

Shipping?!? Go to Radio-Shack or Circuit City or CompUSA or any computer/electronics store!

The fancy crap is 4 bucks. The does-the-job crap is $0.99!

Hmm never thought of Radio-Shack...

Unfortunatly that doesnt remotely solve my CPU/Memory problem. :angry: oh well...

"Unfortunatly that doesnt remotely solve my CPU/Memory problem. oh well..."

Join the club...

If there was a solution to ALL our CPU/Memory problems, none of us addicts would be here.

One of the joys of working in a computer store is that i have not paided full price for any computer gear in the last 3 years.

I tend to sell off my current gear after about 6 month. (provided that there is still at least 18 month manufacturer's warranty on it) Therefore i am only paying the ungrade costs on the current independant market value between one thing and another.

Eg. My last hard drive upgrade from 120Gb to 200Gb hard drive only set me back about AU$50 as I had some one lined up to purchase the 120Gb hard drive.
And the 120Gb hard drive was only used for about less that 6 months. I just need to remember to do a goverment erase on the sucker before i sell it.

If I was paying full price on every thing, my IT expendature would be about AU$1500. But that get reduced down to around about less than AU$500.

Currently since this year there is a lot of technology changes, I am just going to hold on to PZYCHOB!TCH current configuration for as long as I can. Currently the only change I see myself doing with it in the next 18 to 24 months is Maxing out the Ram. I do have some plans on getting a better case, but I can do that about any time. In about 2006, I see myself doing the next BIG UPGRADE (MoBO with CPU).
I am a little bitter with AMD increasing the price on there XP2800+ and higher CPU so that they can promote the 64-Bit cpu. I was looking forward to having a 3Ghz CPU in there. But it's too late for that now.

A few people have questioned me on why i have not gone to SATA yet for my hard drives. Simple reason.
1. Motherboard don't support it :_(
2. SATA going through a big development stage this year. Jan was SATA100, now it SATA150. And in the next 6 months it predicted for SATA300. Why by new technology now, only to be left behind when the technology fully matures. The same thing was with DVD Burners. (and even there things are still changing)

I most likely do a FULL change on any system once every 2 to 3 years. I try to get the most out of the motherboard and processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom