Black lines flashing in games..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Ok so i've started to notice this problem with my new gaming rig, seems to sometimes not happen for hours, sometimes every few seconds. I basically get a black line flash for less then a second, they kinds cover a third of the screen or so and are diagonal, shapes and timings being random. Got really bad just now but didn't notice it at all yesterday i am playing the same game though.

What could the problem be? I assume it's GPU related, it can't be temps cos i did the fan speed change thing and now my 4870 is running really cool. I also updated the driver which i think went successfully, used drivercleaner and all that.

any ideas what's wrong?

oh and if it's related my 17" monitor is quite old, we got it five years ago and i believe it has a 16ms refresh rate( is it refresh rate which is recorded in ms? 2ms being the best usually?), could the game be refreshing the screen too fast for the monitor, lol i'm just throwing out ideas i guess it probably is GPU though.

Don't double post just edit your original one.

Refresh rate is measured in MHz not ms. You're thinking of response time. Your card will only run at what your monitor is capable of. It could just be that your monitor is dying. What is "really cool" in terms of temps?

sorry about that.:eek:

Ok well before the fan speed was at 20%(the default), card ran 66-70c idle and gaming it was really hot, i changed fan speed to 50% and it idles at 38-40c and doesnt ever go above 55c, usually stays at 48-52c.

Also i've got OCed the card or anything, just changed fan speed through CCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom