HD 4870x2 and 1920 Resolution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why everyone wants to play games at super resolutions. I don't care if a card can handle it but with a more normal resolution, you'll get a large boost in performance. My max on my monitor is 1440X900... if I play Crysis like that I get less than good performance.... almost crap performance really, but just turning down the resolution to something like 1280X800 then I get much better performance and everything still looks great.

Of course that is with my XFX 7600GT 256MB on med settings. I am getting an XFX 8800GS Alpha Dog Edition today so things will change a lot but I still may not run Crysis at max resolution.

woo man i wouldnt play anything at 1280 x 800 unless it was like "army men" or some game from 10 years ago, heh heh thats just my own preference.
yeah...but if you pull at least 60+ at max resolution, why play at a lower? i think high resolution just LOOKS better (obviously, lol...thats why it is high resolution).

The higher the resolution, the more pixels on the screen, the more pixels, the better the image quality and detail..

bingo.

and in some games, you can cram more stuff on the playfield itself. a larger view area in FPS games, larger view of the map in strategy games, etc..

sure you can play on lower resolutions and get like 300 fps, but if you can play it with good fps on the highest resolution, i don't understand why you wouldnt. Especially since the bigger the screen, the more distorted things look at smaller resolutions.

Now if you CANT get a good playable FPS at high resolutions, then by all means lower it, but since this thread is about the 4870 x2 then that doesn't even matter. The card can probably handle a lot of games at 2650x1600. crysis and the like not included.

I played original Crysis on high with a few things on very high, but only play Warhead on medium with some high. That was on the same resolution to. Game actually looks about as good though.

And yeah I think a 4870x2 would be fine at 1920 res.

Not rly, I get less FPS in warhead at the same settings in Crysis. And thats because warhead is more intense.

Probably because you had little to no aa/AF

don't need aa or af at that size..

and it was probably high... i meant very high... dx10...

I played original Crysis on high with a few things on very high, but only play Warhead on medium with some high. That was on the same resolution to. Game actually looks about as good though.

And yeah I think a 4870x2 would be fine at 1920 res.

Apparently they bumped up the graphics a bit too, so it seems like the original ran smoother but mainstream settings on warhead look like close to high on regular crysis.

Are you using the latest drivers??? They increase performance by as much as 15% in certain games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom