Not open for further replies.

fais7

Baseband Member
My computer configuration

Asus P4P800 Deluxe
2.5GB RAM (2*1GB + 2*256)
Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
A Open FSP350-60PN PSU unit

I've owned the XFX 6800 GT for over 2 years and it has worked fine. Recently I installed the software 'HWMonitor' to monitor the temperature my computer was running at and realised that my Graphic card was running at 95'C at an average.

I'm not a gamer as such. Last time I used my computer for gaming was when I tried World of Conflict(WOC) about 6 months back and everything worked smoothly (though at minimum game settings). A few weeks back I started playing Age of mythology and while playing the temperature used to rise to 125'C. I didn't bother with it as I didn't realise that was higher than normal thinking that AOM can't be of higher requirements (graphics wise) than WOC. :eek:

Anyway for the past few days on switching on the pc...I get a screen full of crazy colours or numerous 'aaaaa'. I cleaned all the fans and the heat sinks. I reassembled the pc but still get the same results.

Currently I'm able to use my computer by using my older computers graphics card which is a Nividia Riva TNT2 model 64 Pro.

My 12V voltage is currently varying between 11.73V - 12.04v.

So is my Graphic cards bust or is it my PSU???

Thanks

Well when I used to switch on the PC...and run 'HWMonitor', it used to show the minimum temperature as 75'C. So isn't it odd that the starting temperature was so high....??

did you register your card with XFX when you got it? because if you did it has a lifetime garrentee, I used it when my old 7600GT went loopy and they gave me a RMA # and 2 weeks later I had a new card in the mail, It was a discontinued card too. but I guess they had some left or refurbished but it is still running in a friends PC today. EVGA now gives the same warranty as XFX

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom