HD 4870x2 and 1920 Resolution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirka15

Solid State Member
Ok, on my last thread i asked about my delay with my system, being, i bought a MSI HD 4870x2 and i didnt want to feel as though i was wastin it on a 1680 Resolution, so i sucked it up, and decided to get a 24inch Acer.

Newegg.com - Acer X243Wbd Black 24" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 3000:1 ACM with HDCP support - LCD Monitors

Now, running games like Crysis, Warhammer Online, and probably others to come on 1920 Reso, will that streech out my GPU to much? or will this GPU withstand those type of games at Max Setting? Mainly, i dont want to sacrifice graphics for a bigger resolution, hope that makes sense.

Sorry for all the questions too, im about a month into being new with the whole building your own computers and do it yourselfs.

Thanx for your time.

That resolution should be perfect for stretching the GPU to its limits in some games, while playing others like a true champ. It will get you max settings on basically anything at that res. save the few commonly difficult ones that I see no point in mentioning anymore (yes Crysis, Age of Conan, etc).

Basically, you will have tremendous performance at that resolution with an HD 4870X2. The only games that will perform less, those I briefly mentioned, will still perform at enough FPS to be smooth.

i recommend 1680x1050 resolution but that's just me. If u want to go 1920x1200, go ahead. From my experience in hooking up my PC to a 1080p HDTV compared to my monitor wasnt very different, probably because i only played Hellgate: London and Dawn of War series on it. I'm gonna have to try Crysis Warhead now since that is the most recent game i got for PC.

lower resolution does give more fps, which is just a huge concern to me when it comes to PC games usually.

yeah the X2 would have been a waste if you were only playing at 1920x1200. This way you aren't sacrificing anything, and you'll learn to love 1920x1200 lol.

p.s. comparing an HDTV to a computer monitor doesn't hack it :/ unless maybe the HDTV was 22 or so inches (not 24 since it'd actually be a bit shorter, being only 1080 and not 1200) apples to oranges :/

1920x1200 and 1920x1080 on a tv look way different to me.. and i've owned a 24 and 28 inch monitor.. along with my 40 inch tv

i woulda say a 4870x2 should be playing anything lower than 1920x1200 or else your wasting ur money!!!! 4870x2 can even handle crysis on v.high and get20-30 fps stable.. (which is very playable)

shoot I played Crysis 1900x1200 on a 512 GTS. It did fine 30 fps.

lol its like those guys on other forums that are like "screw you guys...my 7300gs with passive heatsink plays crysis at high settings with 25+FPS, you losers and your uber-powered graphics cards."

im not saying your 512 didnt do that 3rdshift (i know it does, cos mine did too)...
just kind of tickled me when i thought about it.

by the way, my 4870 pulls 60+ fps with furmark 1920 x 1200 4x AA. and pulls like 16K stock with 3dmark (comapred to 12 or 14 for my 512).
4870 works FINE for 1920 resolution.

after i worked out the complications (i'll start another thread), which were, as in most cases, my own stupid fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom