NVidia Personal Cinema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I just upgraded my computer. 2.4 GHz P4 Prescott with 1MB cache, and a nasty Jetway 875pmax. This is badass, and I want my computer more badass. So I was at work the other day (Computer Repair Shop) and I installed someones NVidia Personal Cinema. I believe it was the FX5200, but I'm not sure it may have been the 5600. Anyway, I love it. With the remote and all that, mega cool. Also will run Doom 3 mad good! My question is, which Personal Cinema (No more than about $200) should I get and where is the cheapest place to get it?

Thanks, thats actualy a deal I like. I check NewEgg earlier, but I never found that one, I like it. Now my next quesiton: Say I get the one that you stated (Single VGA) is there a way I can get Dual VGA without putting in a new video card? I want to have two monitors on one machine: One so I can use my omputer, the other so I can watch TV. I know I can do this with my current card, and with two cards, and with a personal cinema that supports two monitors. But, to get a personal cinema with two VGA plugs is like $50 more. I dont want to pay that, too much. Is there any other way I can achiee this?

look at the pix on newegg . . .

you will see a sqaureish port and in another pic you will see the cable for it . . .

that cable can also connect a VGA monitor, so as long as you have a VGA cable right now, you will be ok

On the pic I see 3 ports: The coaxial one (for the cable), the port for the break out box, and the DVI port. Now, with the DVI port I know I need an adapter for VGA, but is there a Y adapter or something? If you are telling me I can do that without an adapter or whatever, I am confused and not sure what you are saying. Maybe it's the alcohol, I'm not sure.

BTW: I like your specs, and your new planned ones sound nasty. You should have stayed with Intel, just my opinion. But, in your defense, the AMD's I guess will act superior to Intel's with the new Windows, according to Microsoft.com. And Dual layter burners exist, and they are one the market, we have them at my work. I want one really bad. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom