Continuos Reboot after new biuld

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakM1

Beta member
Ive recently ugraded my computer using:

Asrock P45TURBOTwins2000 LGA775 Intel P45 1600FSB DDR2 and DDR3 ATX motherboard (NEW)
700w Jeantech Power supply (ALREADY OWNED)
2GB 667mhz DDR2 Ram (ALREADY OWNED)
Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz Dual Core Processor (ALREADY OWNED)
Radeon 2900 Pro 1gb PCI Express Graphic Card (ALREADY OWNED)
2 Sata Hard Drives (320gb with Windows XP Pro) & (500gb) (ALREADY OWNED)
SATA DVD-ROM Drive 22x Samsung

I received the new motherbord on monday 22nd Sep 08 along with new case ect. That evening i took apart my workin previous computer and rebiult it all into the new case with the new motherboard. I plugged everything in correctly and connected it all up. I was using a USB keyboard, PS2 Mouse and connected monitor via DVi cable as per usual. I turned it on, everything fired up but the first thing i noticed was the time it took to display anythin on the screen, my old computer when turned on wud take about 1 sec to display the startup. This however took about 8-10 sec but when it did come on it started up as normal. On my harddrive with the Operating sytem i have it fully encrpyted using truecrypt so i entered my password and it carried on like normal. Then the windows loading screen came up and just at the point where you are propmted for the login password it resets itself. Im surer if there was any hardware issue it would not have allowed to come this far. I read up on it and reset bios, started with minimum hardware ect. Then tried to install xp again but as it was loading files before it gets to the bit were you press enter to setup and r to repair ect it displays blue screen with stop: 0x0000007B (0xf7c7a524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

I then decided to unplug it all and rebiuld it back into my old motherboard which was originally working but just put it into the new case which wouldnt make any difference as far as im aware. When it was finished i turned it on and everything started up but there was no display on the screen.

Tonite im going to put it all on new motherboard again and use an IDE hdd to try reinstall xp on and see if that works. Im hopeing it not the graphic card as that cost me £200 and it has been fine since i got it.

All the forums are suggesting things like RAID an stuff, i dnt have a clue about anything like that and dont see how it would be needed. Any info that could help would be greatly appreciated, before i have to hand it over to a pro who will charge the earth and ive also had previous bad experience with some people. Ive done various courses and have experience with computers and there components but im no expert.

When you get any new hardware especially a motherboard, and using a hard drive from a previous system, you need to repair install windows or reformat it completetly. Because the hard drive will have different drivers and aren't meant for the new motherboard.

You can repair install or reformat by booting from a Windows OS disc. Note that a repair install will keep all your files and programs intact, hopefully.

Thanks for reply, wat do you suggest if i cant get to the bit where i can press enter to install, it kept restarting just before it gets to that bit.

Many Thanks

Yes as gt7sanremo said.. To get to the place where it will let you do a new install of windows (which is essential since you replaced so much hardware) you must go into the bios and set the boot priority to boot from the CD/DVD first. Then it will load the windows files and you'll be given the option to reformat and do a clean install ;-)

Hi guys,

Got it all working last nite, i ended up needing to buy a floppy, then insert the motherboard cd and upload the SATA drivers to the floppy so that windows would detect my hard drive and i would be able to reinstall windows. I threw my floppy out ages ago thinking will never need it again but im feeling that floppy will be lurging in the backgroud for quite some time to come so ill be storing this one for future. All up an working great.

Many Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom