120w Psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Am i cutting it close????

I wanna use a 120W PSU thats built into a Mini-ITX case for a really small pc. Im using a Mini-ITX board that supports LGA775 cpu's, and im going to be using a 2GHZ Pentium Dual Core (65W) on a motherboard with X4500HD Integrated Graphics (HD Playback mostly). I will also have a TV Capture card running off the PCI-E X1 slot, a full sized 500GB HDD, 1 GB DDR2 RAM and a Slim-Sized DVD drive.

After listing those i think the answer is going to be a definite 'no' but its not like these PSU's are easy to upgrade and the case looks sooo good.

EDIT: Okay, ive decided on a more ugly case but that has a 170w PSU, i should be right yeah??

I would say that your are cutting it close but that is just me. I know nothing of mini-ITX boards and form factors. I would think that you could be safe with a 200W PSU. Who knows... you might want to upgrade or add things later the require more power.

the 170 PSU will be ok for now but you are probaly going to want to upgrade and add better stuff and stuff that will use more power so if you think you are going to want to upgrade later then you might need a bigger PSU.

With the 170W it shouldn't be required to underclock. Just use CPUStab test and see if it stays stable at 100% load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom