Where do you think I should go with my OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunraidan

Baseband Member
I'm starting to get into PC Gaming. And the lack of DirectX10 kind of disturbs me at times for some reason.

I was thinking of getting Vista but I don't know if it is worth it or not. There is also the fact that Windows 7 is coming out next year and is going to have DirectX11 as well as I've heard that OS's like Linux are far better then Windows.

Do you guys know where I should go with my OS?

not if you have a good gaming machine. if you're worried about an OS bringing your system to its knee's then you don't have a good gaming machine ;)

and linux's offer very little gaming support as they mostly run on opengl rather than directx.

not if you have a good gaming machine. if you're worried about an OS bringing your system to its knee's then you don't have a good gaming machine ;)

and linux's offer very little gaming support as they mostly run on opengl rather than directx.

I heard that there's a hack in which linux can run Windows for games.

Anyway I have a 8800GT card, Q660 Intel Quad Core, and 4 GB's of ram.

It's not a hack, its just a normal application you install in Linux. Its called Wine.

Wine just emulates Windows executables, and allows you to run Windows programs within Linux. If you want to game with best of capabilities...you're better off dual-booting Vista and a Linux distro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom