CPU OVERHEAT, help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, ive got a core 2 duo

the rifle cooler looks cool, ill order it tonight and keep my comp off until then... do you think ive done any lasting damage to my CPU?

Re: **URGENT** CPU OVERHEAT, help!!!!!

Video cards are meant to run in excess of 80 degrees Celsius. If the motherboard says your cpu is overheating, then it is overheating. Have you overclocked any?

god my GPU was at 80 C and made Crysis Warhead crash itself! What the heck are u trying to pull? anything over 75 C is the danger zone!!

There must be something up with your 3870. GPUs have the tolerances to run at 80C. Its not wise, but they can do it. Reference 4850s run at 80c constantly and you dont here reports of them crashing.

looking again at that rifle cooling system, i have 2 questions:
1.) where the **** does the fan attatch?
2.) i noticed it has the same push-pin system that my current HSF has... i obviously couldnt install this one correctly, do you know how i would install this one?

-Phate

You push the pins and turn them. I really hate the push pin system myself. I think retention brackets (although scarier) are better. Im always afraid my HSF will fall off.

The fan screws onto the side of the hsf. The manual will give you detailed instructions. It's no rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom