Laptop or Desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not hard to build a pc (trust me if i can do it anyone can).

If you have to but a pre built then at least get a pre built and put some better parts in it, they are notorious for having excellent (overpriced) graphics/cpu/ram but usually flop on motherboards and occasionally graphics/psu's.

You can build a pc yourself for $1000 - $1500 that will kick any Alienwares ***.

well, yes...i wasnt going to just get the default package they give you...i was going to customize it, pick the graphics cards and motherboards. and hard drives and all that good stuff.

Personally I think it's foolish to have that much money and not use it as a learning opportunity to build your own PC. You're obviously at a young age where this stuff can become second nature to you very quickly, and if you are interested in computers at all I would strongly encourage you to steer away from buying brands like Alienware.

Even though it isn't your money that you are spending, you still have to realize that you could save over $500 dollars by building rather than buying pre-built. Again, on top of saving the money you will be learning.

Also, later down the line when you need a laptop, you could use this as a way to get your parents to fund it by saying that you were being responsible and trying to save their money.

I might seem like I'm rambling, but I really think it would be absurd to buy an Alienware or equivalent when you have dozens of experienced people in this forum eager to help you through any obstacle you would come across.

well, yes...i wasnt going to just get the default package they give you...i was going to customize it, pick the graphics cards and motherboards. and hard drives and all that good stuff.

To learn how to build it your self. You can search Youtube, Google, Google Video, Tech-forums, and every other forum on Gaming Pc's out there.

Dude you have SO MANY places to go to, if you really need help putting together a PC.

To put it bluntly. You can go ahead and get an Alienware and pay for either over priced or crap hardware. OR you can build your own and with the money you saved. You can continue to save it until your next upgrade. Other then being able to put together your own computer, you will also be able to maintain it, and repair it on your own. By the way I m half retard from time to time as well. So don't think being half retarded is a good enough excuse.

Remember this, Its easier to put together a computer, then it is a toy model car.

yeah man, just tell us your budget and we will put together a list of what you should buy. It will smoke anything from alienware. Unless you got like 10 grand then alienware might be better lol. **** I would even build it for you, I am just opposed to wasting that much money.

now i dont really know how much of a limit i have...i think it went down to like $1500.

so yeah, if i could get some help building a computer that'd be great. but what i dont get about the good gaming computers listed, in the sticky post, is that they're just like....little boxes...wheres the tower? or is that really the whole thing, just that little box?

lol helllllp meee.

don't really know what you talking about, but you choose your own case (antec 900 is a good case) you choose everything. There is so much more customization you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom