CPU OVERHEAT, help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, i tried it with the side of the case off, and with it on, both times after about an hour or two of operation the computer just shut down (didnt blue screen, just turned off), which i take to mean it overheated, hence the 2 foot diameter fan.

Make sure your heatsink fan is spinning, and that it is properly mounted. That could definitely be the reason. If you can, replace it with something like an Arctic Freezer Pro, for 30 bucks.

my temps are roughly 100c for the CPU and roughly 25-30c for the mobo

the cpu heatsink fan is spinning, at roughly 2000 rpm. im not QUITE sure it was installed correctly, it was one of those intel screwless ones with the plastic push-pin things, i got them all in, one didnt quite attatch all the way in (didnt LOCK in), but the whole unit was definetly stable (i was able to feel that it was solidly and firmly attatched to the mobo

if i got a new cooling system do you think it would fix it? ill obviously need new thermal grease too, and need to figure out how to take the previous thermal grease off (since looking at my last cpu, it seems to get crusted on there)

thanks for the quick responses

Phate

That thermal gum they call paste on Intel stock heatsinks is useless. Get some real paste. Better yet get a real heatsink.

any sudgestions on what new HSF to get? and i should use Arctic Silver or w/e (the thermal compound) right? i heard that stuff is sweet

Thanks for all your help again,

Phate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom