Problem with my cd burner. Pioneer said both drives are defective. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
So I bought two Pioneer DVR-2910 for my computer a couple months ago and finally tried burning a standard audio cd with windows media palyer. After the burn process was complete, I put the cd in my car. The first couple tracks sounded good, but after the third track, the tracks would have a lot of static on top of the music tracks and it only gets worse as I change the tracks. I thought maybe it was the cd's I was using so I swapped out one of the pioneer drives and put in a drive from my old sony computer and it worked perfectly. I used the same program, the same speeds and the same cd's.

What could possibly be the problem? I just got off the phone with Pioneer and they told me to lower the write speed and I shouldn't have any more problems. I told him I swapped out the drives with one of my older drives with the same speeds and program and he said to lower the writing speed, if not that use a different writing program, and if it still doesnt work properly, then it just so happens that both of the drives I bought are defective.

What do you guys think the problem is?

Re: Problem with my cd burner. Pioneer said both drives are defective. What do you th

Try using a different brand of blank media. I'd blame the car player before blaming 2 new burners.

Re: Problem with my cd burner. Pioneer said both drives are defective. What do you th

Well the car played the cd that I burned using the sony burner. I used the same program, the same cd's and everything.

Anyone else?

Updating the firmware may help the burners burn better with the media you like to use. When you run into problems with bad burns, burning at lower speeds improves the burn quality. Do you have the same problem using a different brand of blank media? For example my burner hates Maxell but works well with Fujifilm and Ridata. Burning programs have no control on burn quality of the burn other than setting the burn speed.

Pioneer USA - Blu-ray Disc & DVD Computer Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom