Amd Sempron vs Athlon XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. When you are ready to upgrade, let us know and we'll help you squeeze all you can from your budget.

Last post was supposed to be 4 smilies.Ok,I ran the atitool,but really not sure what I did.Was I supposed to click on the find max buttons?It messed up a bit so had to re-set to default(was really hard to see my desktop tho,lol).:eek:am running average temp of 65-70 degrees on processor and normal on a few websites it is normal at 90 so guess i am ok,so far.It is a little faster than my other one and a bit better on a couple maps but not as good as I want.

You access the Fan page by clicking the Settings button in the lower right cormer of the main window.

These are the choices>>
overclocking
artifact scanning
gamma control
startup
3D-detection
driver tweaks
misc
even after checking the box for remembering settings(ie fan) if I go back into it it Still does not have fan speed and the box is not checked.It is the same with the .26 version of this tool.

Your card may not have a fan, or it may not be controllable, then. You could always replace the fan with a new old that would cool it better. A new cooler/fan would be dirt cheap... the shipping would be as much as the cooler.

Oh,ok.It is the card fan.Nope,it does not have a fan but I had an old card that did.Ok,all is ok now.Thanks Trotter.I should have realized that one.cpu temp is running 65-7- depending on the weather but i have a BIG floor fan,main proc. fan,another proc. fan under heat sink aimed at processor n another small fan in my case.Think thats enuff,lol.?Really appreciate your help/info.Thanks again.Ross

Trotter,anyone,I have a borrowed Viper and has a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz,can this be overclocked,if so how to/best performance info greatly appreciated.thanks.FYI>My PC took a major dive :eek:,MB has no power except for a split second n then nothing unless I clear cmos n put back on other pins n then same thing so am borrowing :D this Viper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom