Memory clock problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyonu

Baseband Member
I know, only second thread and I got another question. I got the answer I needed in the other thread, so hopefully this one will be helpful, aswell.

I have the K9A2 Platinum motherboard, and I got 8GB (4gb (2x2) kits) DDR2 800Mhz.

(Other stats:

AMD Phenom 9850 BE @2.9Ghz
Visiontek HD4870 512mb DDR5
CoolerMaster RealPower 550WA
Samsung 750GB 7200RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0GB/s HDD
CoolerMaster CM690 Case w/ All fans taken w/ Blue LED and Medium speed
Optical Drive, and other stuffs unperformance wise.)

Only problem is, my memory (A-Data ADQVE1B16K DDR2 800 4gb Kits x2) Newegg.com - A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory For clarification; it's running at 400Mhz, and when I set the voltage down to 1.8v like required, it runs at 450Mhz after a reboot, but even when I tweak the BIOS to run at 1.2:66, it'll still only run at 400Mhz Unganged mode or Ganged mode. If I set it any higher than 1.2:66 (Maybe it was 1.2 that worked? Which ever) it just doesn't boot, and gives me a Memory-based Blue-screen-o-horrifying-slash-n-bash-death.

So, my question of the month: How do we get it running at 800Mhz like it's supposed to be? :laughing:

DDR2 means Dual Data Rate which means that your effective speed (800MHz) is twice your actual speed (400MHz). So it's already running at 800MHz

So when my ATI Overdrive system says "Memory Frequency: 400.** Mhz", running in dual-channel mode, it is really running at 800? If so, you're da man. And should it run in Ganged or Unganged mode?

Ganged = dual channel mode for ram. All cores get access to 100% of the ram.

Unganged = single channel. Each core gets access to a stick of ram.

The unganged mode is better as each core will get access to data quicker. Better for multi-tasking, in theory.

Okay, that helps. Thanks! It was in Unganged Forced mode, so when I saw "800Mhz" on the Bios, and "Single 400Mhz" in ATI Overdrive, I figrued it was only half speed. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom