Anoher noob question about cpu fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpedient

In Runtime
i have a gigabyte 3d rocket II...
this night i opened my case and reseated my lan card,
when i restarted my pc, the cpu fan is not running, and I think the culprit is the fan control in the floppy drive, my question is, can I run my pc without the controller?

Is the cpu fan connected to the fan controller? If the fan doesn't spin the cpu will burn up. Unplug the cpu's 3 pin fan connector from the fan controller, and plug it into the motherboard itself.

yes the cpu fan is connected to the fan controller...
and yes the fan doesnt spin...
im sorry but where in the motherboard will I plug the 3pin fan connector... the plug from the fan controller is somewhat different i dont know how to describe it, it has 3 colors,red white, and blue, hope that helps...

and just to add, is my fan fried? because i touched it i dont know if i am grounded, about static something...

There should be a beige or white colored connector, on the motherboard it should be labeled cpu fan with 3 pins sticking out of it. Should be close to the cpu socket.

this is the wire i was talking about, I think you are also describing this one, what will I do with it?

12121212.jpg

Unplug the fan controller wire from the cpu fan. Then take the cpu fan wire and plug it into the connector I described on your motherboard.

thanks for the quick reply, 1 more thing before i do that, do i have to do something with the bios settings/cmos setup(don't know what's the difference between the two) to coordinate/synchronize with the fan controller "going out?"

ok ive done what you said... i unplugged the cable from the fan controller to the fan (to cancel out the fan controller, right?)

next, i plugged the cable from the cpu fan to the mobo, which is the 3 pin white/beige colored, in which also it is already connected by default...

the result: the fan is still not working...

i went to the cmos setup and it seems by mobo is still fine, so i dont have to worry about my mobo... am i missing something here why my fan is still not working?

Ok then the fan must have died out. If it doesn't spin up when connected to the motherboard then it's the fan. You'll need a new fan or cpu cooler altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom