Quick blink on power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davmorn

Beta member
I'm in the process of building my computer and once I've plugged it all in (I've checked a couple of times and things look fine) and turn it on my power supply (NeoPower 650 blue by Antec) flashes blue quickly and then nothing happens. What could be causing this problem and how can I tell? should my power supply do anything if I just plug it into the wall and turn it on without other cables (have not tried)?

any help is appreciated.

Check to see if you have the correct 4 pin plug connected to the CPU socket from the power supply. The correct plug should have 2 yellow and 2 black wires. Not the one with 1 red, 1 orange, 1 yellow and 1 black wires.

Looks like my 4 pin is 2 yellow and 2 black. I currently have 1 4pin (2y2b) going to my mobo and the big fat cord (name escapes me). As well as a 6 pin and a 8 pin going into my graphics card.

I also found a little bit about non-compatible mobos and PSUs. I'm using
an Antec Neopower blue
(Newegg.com - Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies)
and a Biostar T Force
(Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards)

There's nothing wrong with your power supply connections then. It's normal for the power supply to power on and then power off when the main switch is turned on. After a couple of seconds the supply will go into standby mode waiting for the front panel power switch to be pressed.

I was probably unclear earlier in my haste to an exam. The blink occurs after I turn on the power supply and then when I either hit the button on the mobo or the power on my case. Then it blinks blue and nothing. I just tried waiting a few secs after turning it on and still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom