Case Temps of 85 degrees Celsius!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir

Solid State Member
That is no lie. During any game, MBM5 records temperatures as high as 86 degrees Celsius in the "Processor Zone, and frankly, it scares me. Usually, when the temperatures run that high the computer restarts, which is very bad in the middle of a Warcraft 3 game. I'll list the system specs below and tell you this, I have one fan directly on top of the processor, one in the side and one in the top.

Pentuim 4 3.0ghz
Intel Motherboard (Model D865GBF)
1 Gig DDR400 RAM
Radeon 9200SE
550 Watt PSU

If you need any other information, just ask...

PLEASE HELP ME!

I have one fan in the upper left hand corner blowing air in right near the processor and PSU and one on the top-middle blowing air out. I have another fan that i can put in the back, but I have to find the screws. Which direction should i put the fan in the back, and should i tie up the wires to improve airflow?

I'm not quite sure what that means...If it means what i think it means (Heat-Sink Fan), then I would give a weak "yes", because the fan on my processor seems the have a heatsink under it. I'm pretty new at this, so don't tar and feather me or anything.

Just stock. I tried to get the giant fan off to look at it, but when I tried to unhook it, something seem to be attached in the back. I didn't force it, so I don't know for sure, but i see some metal spikes back there.

Edit: On a side note, during idle times the temps listed in MBM5 are as follows: Sensor 1- 31 C, Sensor 2- 44 C, Sensor 3- 30 C

Loud noises are bad...secret gaming sessions late into the night are a favorite pastime and that would end them. I'm having a guy look at it who thinks it has nothing to do with the insane temperatures because my parents are making me.

hmmm well their are other ones by like Vantec and Thermaltake hat are just as good and they might not be as loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom