cuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
i need help diagnosing a problem, i rebuilt the pc last week installed windows, got it up and running. now whenever i turn my pc on it comes on (well the fans do) for about 1-2 seconds then just dies. ive tried with a different psu and it didnt help. only things plugged in is the graphics card, mobo, cpu and ram. for power the 24 pin plug is in, the 4pin square plug, and molex plugs are in, along with the power to the graphics card.

any ideas what ive missed?

we have a knew symptom. it stays on when the 4 pin square connector is unplugged, obviously without i get no image on screen but that narrows it down.

cpu is seated fine, its not on long enough to get hot enough.
You'd be suprised, an uncooled cpu will get hot enough for it to shut down before your OS loads.

Have you reset the bios? I assume the case/mb doesn't have a speaker so you could hear error codes... try connecting an external one. They are extremely small (like the size of a dime) and connect to the MB, then you may get an error code you can work with. Just off the top of my head of things to try....

-Reset bios
-Switch out ram
-Reseat cpu
-Switch out GPU
-double check your HD cabling

If everything is seated correctly, i would start switching out parts.

right ive got it running, i think there is a problem with the 4pin connector on the motherboard, because it runs with it not plugged in, i can get it on sometimes with it plugged in, but when i do i get nothing on screen. looks like its new motherboard time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom