AMD/ATi Catalyst 8.9 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh... well it deleted the files in a second( those 4 files and 4 registries i mentioned) but still tells me to wait and has done for 30+mins now, should i just click the red X and close it then?

Still i have a feeling this wont work, my card is doomed to have driver issues,lol. Why the ones on the disk wouldn't work is beyond me but it's not just freezing on Spore.

If you are getting driver errors, it could also be that the card is overheating. But the random freezes in WoW went away with the 8.9s so i'm happy.

i doubt its overheating i did some fan speed change and it dropped from 65c idle to like 39c and now doesnt go above 60c i dont think.

lol just installed 8.9 again, installation seemed to go fine but now it cant find my card..

ok you know driver cleaner pro, how long does it take generally? I've selected it to clean ATI and ATI CCC, i followed the instructions on the help file, i deleted ATI CCC from control panel and used control panel to uninstall drivers, now i am using this to clean whats left i guess.

It's deleted like 4 things and 4 registry things but still says "cleaning please wait!, its been like that for 30mins now with no more filed deleted or anything, is it finished but hasn't said so? Shall i just close it and try installed the 8.9 again?

Also does anyone know were to download drivers that are stable with vista 64-bit, the drivers that come with the card make my games freeze..

I'm sure it's a driver issue though, widows says on its crash reports it is and i increased the fan speed to 50% so it idles at 39c which is much cooler then it was before but it still freezes up.

It may help you to know the process in which I do to install new drivers for ATI cards.

Close out CCC or Hydravision
Remove CCC and Hydravision through add/remove programs
Remove driver for ATI card through device manager
Run Driver cleaner pro, select ATI, ATI CCC and ATI Hydravision, if it takes too long let it go for a minute and then end it manually.
Restart
Run driver cleaner pro again
Install new drivers with CCC.

has never failed me.

i just installed the new ones, didnt uninstall the old ones. Got no problems, i dont see any improvement yet.

what are the bugs that get fixed? I dont have Adobe PDF reader yet.

EDIT:

copying this from a PC Gaming thread that i just wanted all of u to read:

strange, i took out 1 512mb of RAM today to get 2.50GBs and my graphics card still shows that it is uses 2 x 256mb VRAM = 512mb?! WTF?! It suppose to be 1GB! Plus i dont get PCI-E 2.0 either. That is what i get for buying an early card..............sigh.....

ya strange isnt it?? Not true 1GB of VRAM and AMD Overdrive shows 2 x 256mb on each core. The second core operates at 300MHz, my first one at 825MHz too.

Omega drivers hasnt updated drivers in almost a year. Hes working on new ones right now though.

Im still waiting for the new ATI ones cause my laptop needs them to run cod4.

I'll often be installing Windows again every 1-3 months, so I can integrate the drivers into the install CD then

But other times, I'll go into C:\Windows\System32 (inluding the dllcache folders) (as well as SysWOW64 in my case), and manually delete the ATI driver files

Does anyone know of any issues with the 8.9 drivers and Crysis Warhead. My brother went to run it on his new HD 4850 and the screen went to flickering white and black splotches. I though it was artifacting but aTi tool has been scanning for artifacts for 75 minutes now and has had no errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom