Hardware Problems Confused.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Chub

Baseband Member
OK, i have 2 systems i'm working on, both have pc chips m825 mobos. Both amd durons one is i believe 800mhz one is 1.6 ghz. the 800mhz system randomly shuts down, so i put the 800mhz processor in the 1.6 system, fans and everything start, but no video, i put the 1.6 in the 800 system, and it still randomly shuts down, i know that it isn't the power supply, or ram, it has to be either processor or mobo, and i think it may be both, please express your thoughts, because this really has my mind boggled. I probably left something important out, if so, just ask and i'll post it, thanks alot. oh and on a note, the 1.6 system works perfectly, i'm just using it to find out what is wrong with the 800 system

I think its the videocard. try putting the videocard from the 1.6 in the 800 and see if it doesn't shutdown anymore

In the 800 system it sounds like it could be the psu, try replacing the psu from the 1.6 system into the 800 and see if that works. If not, it might be the 800 chip. Hope this helps

i also thought it to be the psu in the 800, but it happens with both the original power supply, and even a brand new one. The video cards on in both are integrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom