Advice on a display

Status
Not open for further replies.

toes

Solid State Member
I need to upgrade the display for a new computer. Mainly gaming unit.

I was looking at the Samy 245bw but was concerned with the darkness on the right side of the panel. Is the always there on the TN or any TN panel?

Originally I thought I was going to by the Dell 2408, but they have had lots of trouble with input lag and some color issues. Like a 100 page thread on the Dell forums.

Now I really don't know what to do. Thought I had settled on the S 245 then saw the darker right side and it kind of turned me off.

Gesh what to do now.

I Googled for info on this but no joy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Harry

I have the corresponding dell monitor to the 2408, but in 22". I'm not sure what the complaints are, but I can tell you that this monitor is second to none, having owned a viewsonic, acer, and currently a samsung as well.

As far as the darkness on the right side of that TN, that is not supposed to occur. Are you seeing this on one specific panel, or is the entire line plagued with this fault. If it is one specific unit, I would say that unit is defective in some manner.

I was in Costco over the weekend and they had a whole line of Samsung displays.

From 24" down and they all had the darker right side. I am sure I read something about this but can't find it now.

For giggles I went to Newegg and read the reviews for the 245 BW and not one review mentioned the darker right border.

Guess I should buy wine with a cork instead of a screw cap cause I'm seeing things.

Harry

Haha. To be honost, it could be costco's lighting. Try looking at the same monitors at another display at circuit city or tiger direct.

I live in Eureka California, we are lucky to even have a Costco. Those other stores are like 200 miles away. sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom