Intel E8400 running at 2.0GHz .teh suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb1swat

Daemon Poster
Hi,

My CPU (Wolfdale E8400 3.0GHz fsb1333) is registering at only 2.0GHz on CPU-z.
In Bios it is labeled as 3.0GHz though. I'm guessing this is a power saving issue, but I booted up Company of Heroes, Unreal III, and crysis (all in-game and simotaniusly ) and CPU-z still said it was operating at 2.0GHz.

Help me please. I'm really hating this. I'm also running Vista ultimate on 64bit.

I'm running an underclocked E8400 @2.5ghz

CPU-Z for me says: multiplier x 9.0, Bus speed 278(overclocked from 266), Rated FSB 1114mhz.

Does the bios detect the cpu correctly? I'd check to see if there is a newer bios.

My multiplier is at 6. So 333x6 is basically a 2.0GHz. It registers correctly in bios. I mean...I guess games just dont need 3.0Ghz....I still would like to disable those power managements.
My FSB is running at 1336.7 so thats correct.

It sounds like your CPU is showing a little off, but i guess if its underclocked.

turn off E1ST and thermal throttling in the BIOS. I personally turn all of the cpu features off. They are just make it so that when your cpu isnt being heavily used, it clocks down.

My old bios showed a multiplier of 6. A newer bios shows the correct multiplier of 9. My motherboard only supports a FSB of 1066mhz.

It makes sense if throttling is done by adjusting the multiplier.

What's your motherboard model? It may help to update to latest bios, but only if you feel it's safe to do so. At least have the bios settings set to where you can boot and run programs before you attempt flash the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom