First Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanp1

Solid State Member
Hey sorry for advance, I know yall get a lot of these kinds of posts I'm sure. But the other day I tried installing Warhammer Online on my desktop and it just couldn't run. So it made me think I need a new computer of course, and here I am, wanting to build my own rig. Of course I know nothing about it and could use any advice you guy can throw out there. My first question is basically, is there an order in which I should buy everything? Like, for example, my case first, then my video card, then my fan and so on? Do yall have any books that you can recommend?

You don't really need a book... just take advice from people here, most know what they're talking about. Read a couple guides online on how to build a computer... it's not hard at all (last summer I had no idea how to build one and my first build went just fine).

Most people just order everything at once... you can sometimes save some shipping costs on a few items, but it doesn't matter that much. It's nice to get them all at once so you can test it out and have the same length of time to send a part back if it doesn't work. Otherwise if you get your hard drive like 3 weeks before another part, and your hard drive is bad, you only have like a week to send it back.

What's your budget?

Alright, well thats good to know. My budget is 1200 (roughly)

Do a lot of gamer computers use two video cards?

There are quite a few crossfire/SLI setups out there but it really depends on what resolution you are gaming at. At 1920x1200 and above a multi GPU setup is nice and depending on what you are doing, that resolution could possibly push the limits of a single card. So yeah, unless you are gaming on a 24" and up monitor or are just building a benchmark queen multiple GPUs aren't needed.

ya dude i really didnt know much until about 4 or 5 days of checking these forums and various other resources
i just hung around here,i know alot more about it and what i want.
im gonna build one in a few days.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom