Graphic Problems when playing games nvidia 7900

Status
Not open for further replies.

glosoli

Beta member
For a long time now my PC has been suffering from a graphical problem which recently has begun happening more frequently. Normally I can fix this issue temporarily by tabbing out to desktop then reentering the application but this only works for about 10 minutes, and then I get more graphical glitches. Eventually my PC will crash after about 3 hours or perhaps even earlier.

I have attached a screenshot of counterstrike source to give you an example of my issue

ImageShack - Hosting :: cssez7.jpg

I also get graphical glitches in FSX and to a lesser extent WoW.

I have updated my graphical drivers to the latest version.

It is also worth adding sometimes, but rarely, my PC crashes when browsing the net, when I scroll down a webpage using the mousescroll, perhaps once a week this happens.

Windows XP
2gig ram
4ghz 64bit amd
nvidia 7900gt

This looks like artifacting and it happens when your video card is dying. I had the same exact thing happen to me and it began first when I gamed but as time passed it began occuring when I would internet surf and eventually when I was doing Office applications or writing a paper in MS Word.

Is your video card's fan working? I could be due to overheating and the card might be able to be saved if you replace the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom