Plug & Play Audio Not Detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doer.

Baseband Member
I just built a computer and when I plug in the speakers the computer does not recoginize it. When I go to adjust the system volume in control panel nothing is accessable. Did I forget to plug something on the MOBO? By the way, I've tried plugging from teh case and directly to the MOBO from the speakers. Still nothing. The speakers have power.

This is off the website.

Computer Audio Drivers
Our speakers do not require audio drivers to operate. They receive there signal from the sound card. If you feel your have a driver issue, you will need to contact your sound card/computer manufacture

Do I need to get a sound card? I mean, the MOBO has onboard Audio.

I tried to install the audio driver for the MOBO, it states its an unknown publisher. Half way through the download, it stops and wont finish the download. What should I do about this?

If you downloaded the correct driver for the OS you are using then it should install. The sever seemed to be very slow. An incomplete download will cause errors on installation.

oops. I hate to ask you this, but what drivers do I need to download. I have the 64bit Pro XP Sp1 edition.

This is what you need.

On-Board Audio - Windows ME/2000/XP x86/XP x64/Server 2003 x86/Server 2003 x64/ 5.10.0.5497 2007-11-02 24.77 MB

It wouldn't hurt to get and install all their XP 64bit drivers for your board.

I see Windows update is going to keep you busy with SP3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom