Computer freezing and shutting down..

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
alrightly well i believe that this is due to a hardware problem so im posting here:happy:. Since yesterday my computer has been freezing unexpectedly and crashing.
Bit of background info,
Its a P4.3.0Ghz, 1gig ram, geforce 6600gt. When i start it you can clearly hear the sound of the fans (its very very loud) it hasnt been overclocked or anything and ive been using it this way since Jan of this year, and had no particular problems with it until now....
Im not sure if its a heat issue because its been running fine since the begining... Anyway i was wondering what the issue might be and how i go about fixing this?.

oh also it seems to work occasionally after restarting a couple of times and turning it on and off from the mains, but it only works for a couple of minutes then crashes once more.

Other weird things that happend.-
-When windows starts up the loading win xp logo and bar appeares to lag then steadies it self and contiues loading.
-I got random fuzzy colours this morning when i turned it on:D:confused:. like colourful rectangles, not pixels but full rectangles???.
-Ah another thing that happend was, when i switched the power button it starts up and turns off almost instantaneously..

----

Yeahp, any ideas?

i thought it was a software issue but beginning to think its not..thats why i posted it here.

EDIT>
Cpu temp:68 degrees C
M/B temp:36 degrees c

Cpu fan speed 5762 Rpm, LOL

hey guys, well my comp reached 68C, and i cleaned the internal fan but nothing happend. I even put new thermal paste in however still no luck..

hey there, this is causing me problems, heres the latest, i cleaned out everything...applied new thermal paste etcetc.. even have the side panel out and its readin

ahh ok so its been a couple of days and well its outa juice and it doesnt seem to start up. It makes beeping sounds when you turn it on and nothing appears on the screen. and it just stays that way...

any ideas or should i just give up completely?:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom