New Build Hope I got it Right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quad-SLI is pretty much garbage as it usually reduces performance, and there are stutters in games.. plus the GTX 260/ HD 4870 are better for the price..

If you go with the GTX 260, drop the board to a 780i or 750i FTW (but AMD's HD 4870 is better in performance and in bang for the buck) if you get an HD 4870, get a Biostar I45

YOU HAVE TO USE DDR3 FOR 790I ULTRA!! so that RAM won't work on it... for DDR2 4gb Kit as DDR3 won't be necessary until Nehalem, drop the PSU to a Corsair 750tx (from Buy.com)

Antec 900 isn't that great of a case (if you mod it to have better Wire Management and whatnot, its a decent case but there are better ones for the money, but it is up to you), NZXT Tempest is pretty good

Pretty much everything vernong said.

There are better cards than the GX2 for the money and Quad SLI is a waste of money. Get a 4870 or GTX 260.

790i can only take DDR3. Get one of the boards vernong suggested because DDR3 is also a waste of money right now.

That psu is also overkill. The 750TX is really good or maybe even the 650tx.

In my personal opinion, I would get a quad core just to be more future ready and I use the multi-tasking abilities alot.

drop the 790i, if u think ull sli get a 780i or 750i. if not get a biostar p45 or a asus p5q delux.

get rid of the 2 9800gx2's, get either 1 or just get a gtx 280. or a 4870x2 (if u get a 4870x2 dont get the 780i or 750i)...

get a corsair 750 like said above.

id get some different ram, alot of ppl here like the ocz hpc but i like patriot vipers personally. 4gb of ddr2 800 or 1066

the nzxt tempest is a better case imo. or the antec 1200 if u want to spend that much

i would get a quad core for being future ready

oh and get this cooler:
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
with this backplate to reduce mb stress:
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK ACK-I7751 Retention Bracket - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Made some changes and I feel for the cost and performance found some great deals on new egg..thanks for all the responses and keep them coming if you still feel I can save without sacrificing performance..Just look above and edited .also adding a couple of things .Thx

u might wanna wait a lil bit on those 260's i got a email from evga the other day saying that the gtx260+ is commin out soon or somthing.

Man!!!! I dont think I can wait any longer the system im running on right now is freaking so slow im probrably getting -fps while surfing the net...:{ plus I dont think I can pass up the cost $379 for two cards...could always upgrade later ..what you think...

yea but if u upgrade later u would be just throwing away ur $380. if u were gettin evga cards u could do that 90 upgrade but sence those cards are pny u cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom