(Urgent) PLZ HELP! The unbelievable has happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aRealGenius

Solid State Member
I just bought the AMD Athlon FX-53 and I am well aware that it has 939 pins. But the retailer I bought it from absolutely insured me that it is compatible with the Socket A motherboard.

So when I got home, I tried to mount the CPU onto the motherboard. No matter which position I placed it in, it would not go in. So finaly, once I knew that the two corners (arrow) matched, I GENTLY tapped the top of the CPU with a hammer. After several taps, the CPU fell into place, but I was unable to lock the chip.

So I pulled it out, and unfortunatly EVERY pin was bent. So I took some vice grips and attempted to bend the pins back in place. Every pin that I straightend out fell off, leaving me with a pinless CPU.

I brought the CPU back to the retailer, with as many pins as I could find in a bag. They refused to take it. Now I am stuck with a pinless CPU, and a potentialy damaged motherboard.

Is there anything I can do? I am well aware that I cannot use a CPU that doesn't have pins. Is there anyway to replace them?

Thank you very much! I look forward to hearing your replies!

Sounds like someone was a bit anxious to get it working, yet we all deal with pins bending but not all of them, and then ALL of them breaking and using a hammer and Vice grips of course the store won't take that back. Mext time use a paper clip or something like that, it works nicely.

The only thing I can think of is you may have to buy a new one, they do not sell individual pins, that would be chaos.

Sorry that wasnt much help was it? Shouldnt have posted:rolleyes: o well!

Holy Shit $1255, well no dont throw that away, call support for the chip and tell them your problem nicely, you want them on your side.

Otherwise I dont know what to do, maybe some others might.

I don't think they will be willing to help me considering the CPU received several blows from a hammer... :(

You know, don't just give up, its worth a shot you never know.

But next time....dont use a hammer and vice grips!

wow what aRealGenius . . . . :p

but where do you live if you paid $1250 for an fx-53? they're only worth $800, 850 max!

i would call amd and see if they can do something . . .

WTF WERE YOU THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :mad:

If your gonna buy a $800 CPU, you should ATLEAST know what socket it goes into :rolleyes: And who was the idiot who told you it would fit into a friggin socket A :rolleyes:

You hit the damn thing with a hammer!?!?!?!!?!?!?:eek: :(

This has to be a joke right?:( PLEASE tell me its a joke:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom