which old gpu is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m6qrp

In Runtime
hey guys, i just picked up an old rig from a friend. so i salvaged it and i got a leadtek winfast geforce 2 It. it has a 1 GPixel pixel fillrate, 1 GTexel texture fillrate and 4 pixel shaders and is clocked at 250mhz. the only thing is that it has only 32 mb of ram.

The thing is, ive already got an asus GF 4 MX440 in my other rig. It has a 0.5 GPixel pixel fillrate, 0.5 GTexel texture fillrate and 2 pixel shaders but has 64mb of ram and is clocked at 270 mhz.

My question is, would the gf2 ti be a better video card than the gf4 mx440 even though it is older and has less ram. oh, i don't plan to play much graphic intense games on thi rig. just surfing, school work and maybe css or warcraft.

Thanks in advance.:)

Well the GF2 Ti was a high end card and the GF4 Mx440 was a lower end card. I think they actually performed around the same, but the GF4 might be better because its "newer". Lol, they came out about 7 years ago.

but wouldnt the extra power from the gf 2 compensate for its age? i mean the pixel and texture fillrates and pixel shaders are double on the gf 2.

Completely different generations of chips, while the specs look less, they actually aren't.

GF2 = #171
GF4 MX 440 = #151

The speed of the BF4 is much more than the GF2 in real life. Neither card is a powerhouse, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom