Urgent issues w/laptop...desperate need of expert advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hard drive isn't the problem. When you are talking about gaming performance the hard drive is actually one of the last considerations. They do make external video cards for laptops, but they are not an option, I have yet to see anyone actually carry them, and they aren't exactly what you are looking for. The best thing you can do right now is lower your settings as much as possible, maximize you video memory, and make sure your connection is good.

If you really want to game I would invest in a decent desktop. Warhammer online is not a demanding game and most pcs with a relatively modern video card can handle it fine. You could toss together a core2 rig with 2 gigs of ram and an 8600GT for very little cash. But since you are disabled it would be easier for you to order a prebuilt oem.

I was afraid for that. Now you mentioned uping my video memory. I am looking into my wireless internet to alter more memory. Do you know anything about Network Magic? I know i can alter memory but for the life of me cant. Thanks again for your time been a great help. I guess if this all doesnt work then i need to find a decent priced desktop.

I am sorry for posting and demanding so much. Not aware of the rules and stuff on this forums. I will calm down. Not to bother you or anybody else in this forums. So this will be my last forum for the night

The networking has nothing to do with the memory. You have no control over your internet connection. That is all in the hands of your ISP (the people that you pay to get internet). I have been told that you can allocate memory in warhammer but I have jsut heard of this. The right way to do it is to boot into the BIOS and find the option for video memory. However it is very likely that it is already set to max.

We can help you configure a decent desktop if you decide that is the route you want to go. personally I would. My own philosophy is that gaming is for desktops, any work at trying to make a laptop a gaming rig is a waste of time, energy and money.

Thank you SO much for your time and effort. You have made a depressed man in a very happy man. My wife knows of someone that might be getting rid of there desktop so whatever upgrades I need to do I can def find the best for future gaming purposes.

Once again I am grateful you took the time for my stupid issues. I am sorry if this was annoying and "newbish". Have a great night and once I become more computer savy I will start helping out around here too. God Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom