Urgent issues w/laptop...desperate need of expert advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshyboy

Solid State Member
I have a HP laptop designed for entertainment purposes. I use Games as the entertainment. Here are my specs:

Processor (dual): AMD Turion(tm) 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.90 Ghz

Memory (RAM): 1983 MB

System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Windows Vista Home Edition

NVIDIA Graphics Card

Now that you know a little about my laptop, heres my issue. I bought a PC game that takes 10.8GB of hard drive space (thats what it says under "uninstall programs"). I played a previous PC game that large and had very little lag (with some tweeks on uping the performance settings). Now i did the same thing with this game and unistalled the previous game, disk defrag, cleared internet files, basically everything under the sun and i am having HUGE lag problems with this game. It doesnt make sense to me.

Now is there anything i can do that i am not thinking of? I know laptops are limited on upgrades due to integrated stuff but how about external hard drives? would that help the lag or am i just screwed? Thanks in advance for the help. If you need more info just let me know and i will try and get it to you. :)

What game? It's probably graphics related if anything. Not likely to be hard drive.
Try downloading Disk Keeper Lite and defragging with it.
As far as external hard drive, performance will be fine. It'll take a bit longer to load but in-game performance won't suffer at all. Just load times.

Warhammer Online is the game. I use to play World of Warcraft and had no issues with it. Does that help?

What is your video card? Knowing that Nvidia made it tells us nothing, they have made hundreds of different cards. If you are having trouble finding out you can go under display properties and it will tell you.

I'm begging you expert people. I might be getting annoying but this is very important to me. All i have right now is my wife and my games, I am disabled and need some help. I want to know if am screwed since i have a laptop. If so then fine. IF not then what do i need to do/purchase. Extended hard drive? nobody comments on that, why? Please.

OK thats not quite what I needed but I was able to figure it out.

You have an Nvidia 7150m graphics card. its integrated not dedicated. This means it borrows system ram. My roomate who plays warhammer online tells me that it has a setting in game to allocate more memory to the video card. You will need to allocate as much as you can. it is graphically superior to WoW (although not by much) and you integrated video card is struggling to keep up. I owuld turn all video settings to low and see how it performs then.

Another consideration is your internet connection. MMOs are very reliant on your connection speed and quality. This isn't something we have much control over. But even the best computer will sputter on an MMO if it has a crappy connection.

And man you have to give us more than 30 seconds to reply. Its after midnight and its a forum. Things operate on a longer schedule than on something like AIM or IRC.

I will try that and let you fine people know whats up. I do remember altering the video settings to best performance but i need to look at it more. once again you dont think any software/hardware will work on a laptop? I know extended hard drives and stuff are made for bettering your PC. Whats your thoughts on that in general? You've been a big help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom