Randomly Shut Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventriac

In Runtime
So.. I was in the middle of playing a video game and my computer shut off.. My temps were low and everything... I tried a different power supply and it wasn't that... Any ideas? When i try to boot the system.. it does nothing no fans spinning or anything.. I tried reconnecting everything still didn't work... Suggestions plz.

If it won't start up at all and nothing will power up. I would triple check the case power cables and make sure that none of them have become loose and that they are all in the right spots. Then I would check to make sure that the outlet is providing power at all.

I guess I should mention that.. about an hour prior to my computer shutting off.. i lost power.. but when power was restored my computer turned back on and it was fine... About an hour or so later it randomly shut off, no movement to the computer or anything. I "rebuilt" the computer about 4 times now and still nothing... There is also no light on the mobo on either saying that it has power.. I did change the PSU and still nothing.. I'm starting to believe the MB went on it.

Ya.. if you're sure that its not the power supply then I would say that its the motherboard since that is the component that tells everything else to turn on. If you're lucky that will be the only thing that got fried when the power went out and you'll be able to save the processor and RAM etc..

Another thing is depending on how old the mobo is you could try and RMA it if its not that old.. I'm not saying this is a very ethical thing to do lol but if it is a newer board it might be worth a shot...

before you rma your MB check your ram sticks and any other add on card you have and see if you dont notice anything burnt or transistors popped or leaking. do the same for the MB

alright wil do when i get up in the morning, about to pass out.. i have no ad-on cards so i'l be sure to check the ram, mb... i don't think it's the ram, because i'm not getting any power to the computer at all... It's either the fact i have 2 bad psu's, or a bad mb.. a bad mb is more probable, will look at the mb transistors though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom