4870x2 overkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lots of people say.
especially those who understand the available bandwidth of gddr5. which is, to say the least, a ****-load.

hmm ya true. My card's bandwidth is 57.6GB/s. The more power, the better man, especially would help me get closer to having 60 fps average in Crysis Warhead. I get like 20-25 average with everything on max and with the AMD Fusion beta utility running on Expert Profile.

lol just found a deal on ncix 80$ off an x2, so i ordered the diamond radeon 4870x2 earlier :/
i hate impulse buying. first ati card in yeears. hope i don't regret it.

cant wait to see how it does in far cry 2 at 1920x1200. might be able to push some decent AA with so much gRAM.

lol...i love impulse buying. i get restless if i dont have something on its way to me from newegg, lol.
i bet you will be able to run at least 4x AA with zero problems. im betting i can run that high with my games and still man-handle them. quite sure of it.

wats card/s are you running now nagasama? yeah you are going to kill games with that thing, its a complete monster i cant wait to see what nV have got planned to compete against that.

lol...i love impulse buying. i get restless if i dont have something on its way to me from newegg, lol.
i bet you will be able to run at least 4x AA with zero problems. im betting i can run that high with my games and still man-handle them. quite sure of it.

what happened to ur AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ BE? You sold it? What was ur highest clock on it?

I just purchased one of these card, and feel it was a waste too. Im thinkin of going with a bigger screen for the reso on 1920-1200, but then again, if i stay with the 1680, having a high powered GPU, i can increase my Fps? SO all together, its still never really over kill right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom