ATI vs Nvidea... Learn me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:laughing::laughing::laughing: Out of all the companies, Nvidia is in last place! If you're the optimistic type though, they're only one place out of first.

Out of all the companies? Isn't there only two? lol. ATI and Nvidia. So technically their in 2nd place too if you want to phrase things like that lol...

Lmao

I don't think you can't compared them really, its just based on opinions, but both do what you want for the price you are willing to pay.

Lmao

I don't think you can't compared them really, its just based on opinions, but both do what you want for the price you are willing to pay.

No, there is a good deal of measuring you can do. it is all about performance, price and price/performance. And in some special cases like with Ricanflow where they are used for things other than gaming. FPS is not subjective, price is not subjective. These things are easily testable and verifiable. Now if you are talking about the companies in general and not the products then I would agree with you. They both have the same goals and go about it in about the same way.

I'm running a 20" Viewsonic widescreen monitor. So the screen itself is set to 1680x1050, that's what the monitor advised for best resolution.. I think I set the game to something close to that... Not sure, I haven't messed with it in over a week.

From what I gather:

4870 (CF or x2)
or SLI 9600's?? (I've got the OC'd edition 675m, EVGA, GeForce)

I'm building a new rig soon for dual cards.. I just want good gaming, nothing TOP NOTCH, but nothing mediocre.

a single 4870 512mb will beat up on 1680 easily. CF 4870's would knock its teeth out.
as we've said, if you already have a 9600gt, your best (and cheapest) route is to buy another for SLI. if you want to go all out, get the 4870x2...total overkill at that resolution, but it will spank SLI 9600's....

Out of all the companies? Isn't there only two? lol. ATI and Nvidia. So technically their in 2nd place too if you want to phrase things like that lol...

That's my point. I was being sarcastic. The post I was quoting made it sound like there is a huge slew of GPU companies and that Nvidia is among the best lol.

Nvidia is a great company. Still can't believe a Ati 4670 out performed a 9600GSO though. That was not something I was expecting.

9600GT by itself is ok, but 9600GT SLI perform really hard and get 18K in 3dmark06.

Its a midrange card, but its far from crappy and can max out most games, besides crysis of course.

COD4 can be a real pain at times. I had to use the Crysis drivers for it to run with my X1950XT I had. I haven't bothered to reinstall it since I got my 3850, so I don't know if it would still need them or not.

Not like I have a lot of time to gaem here lately with school and all.

Ive never had any driver issues with cod4 on the green side.

Im pretty sure it was your card trotter, cause ive never really heard
of any driver conflicts or issues with cod4. And that game has been
patched quite a bit, its a version 1.7 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom