Just ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

In Runtime
Hey,

I just ordered the parts for my new PC and the specs can be seen in my Sig. below. I'll let you know when I start building it.

Retro.

awesome . . . by the looks of the ram and gfx, i suspect you're getting a socket 478 cpu?

Yeh.

I need to do a few upgrades still when I get the cash. Some quieter fans for a start. I imagine the ones which come with the case are pretty noisy. I will also probably get a better heatsink and fan than the stock one supplied with the CPU.

Apart from that I'd say I was set.

Retro.

Cool specs. I just got all of my junk today except the Case & HD which is coming real soon.

Finished building my computer now and windows is installed. Proved to be a very educational experience. Had very few problems, the only two I encountered were having trouble getting the Intel Heatsink and fan attached (seemed like a bit of an old school method of attaching it in my opinion) and tidying the amount of cables supplied with the PSU. Managed to fix this though using some cable management.

Currently my CPU runs at 50 degrees celcius at Idle and around 60 degrees celcius at load. I think these temps are quite good bearing in mind that it is a prescott. Still I might get a PCI slot fan to keep the temps that little bit lower.

Retro.

man if u seriously didnt have any probs then i congradulate u it isnt very often that sum1 posts on here sayin theyve sucsessfully made a comp lol

I always successfully make a computer :p

But anyway, Retro are you planning on overclocking when you get a more effective heatsink.

Perhaps,

I am happy with my clockspeed at the moment, but yeh i might overclock at a later stage. Are my CPU temps good for a "Prescott"? My lowest temp so far is 48 degrees celcius. That was with my windows open at 11pm mind you!

Retro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom