9800gtx+ vs gtx 260

Status
Not open for further replies.
God that was one run on thought. In my mind I pictured a little kid talking as fast as he could.

The 4850 is faster then the 9800gtx+, but it matters not. if you really want to then send it back and grab the gtx260. But unless you are playing at high resolutions it really doesn't matter.

On another note, this recent influx of fanboys bothers me. We have a lot of people arguing for the Nvidia cards right now for odd reasons. Get over it already! Why is everyone so company loyal?

Sorry for late reply, who in this thread is a fanboy then if thats what you meant?From what I've read everyone including myself is saying good things about both cards. Anyway why take it so personally I don't get it,isn't that why these forums are here for?Debate & freedom of speech within reason as long as your not abusive.

I'm not taking it personally. But your reply means one of two things. Either you took my post the wrong way, or you are a fanboy who is trying to make me look unfair.

If you read my reply you will see that I recommended the gtx260. What could possibly make me unbiased by doing that, since lately I have been recommending ATI cards (and justly so).

I'm not taking it personally. But your reply means one of two things. Either you took my post the wrong way, or you are a fanboy who is trying to make me look unfair.

If you read my reply you will see that I recommended the gtx260. What could possibly make me unbiased by doing that, since lately I have been recommending ATI cards (and justly so).

Well it seemed to me by your comments that you do take things a liitle personally.I havn't been rude to you but I can see it wouldn't take much for you to be rude, saying I might be a fanboy who is trying to make you look unfair,how exactly?Did I not say who is a fanboy if thats what you meant?All you had to say was I didn't mean anyone in this thread but instead you say somthing bordering arrogant like my reply means one of two things.How do you know what my reply means did you write it are you inside my head?I'm not trying to make you look unfair I just wanted to clear up what you meant as i didn't understand. Another example would be you telling Jtumble2 he has no idea what hes doing & calling him a smartass & saying he's ignoring all your advice,would you like it if someone said that to you?I dont think so.There are better ways of getting your point across,be nice.

Well he is ignoring everyone's advice. I'm no oc expert and I haven't made that claim, but many more expereinced members have weighed in and have told him to back off his oc, but he still pushes artifacts. In the end it is his card but he should still take heed.

guys....artifacts do not cause damage to the card....
G92s are known to be defective. Any exacerbation of that is only asking for a failure of the solder joints. Normally I would agree with you, but in the case of the G92 i
I wouldn't dare try to make the situation any worse.

who in this thread is a fanboy then if thats what you meant?

Not anyone directly. You may have noticed, but I on another note, which it was. It was mainly because people started bickering about which order the high end cards went in relation to performance. I have been in several arguments recently over fanboyism and I have taken the posture of stamping it out before the thread gets bad. keeps things civil and on track. You may have also noticed that Surgevel and Puddlejumper jumped in right after and concurred. I'm sorry if you have a problem with that. And I am being nice. It only gets ugly after people push the issue.

No probs,thats much better. I can understand your frustration as I see it all the time where people argue over who's got the better cards(bias views)but in this thread noone was bickering they were stating what their views on the order of the graphic card standings.You were quite quick to jump in & throw the fanboy word around when in my opinion it wasn't applicable,not to this thread anyway.Like I said before these are the place's to come to discuss such matters not to prematurely jump on people before it's really nessecary.Anyway nuff said this thread has kinda veered off what it was about,9800gtx+ vs 260.
Its an easy one for me,I live in the u.k & I can get a 260 896mb FOR £196 or a 9800GTX+ 512MB for £140 or a 4850 512MB for £112.As I have a SLI board not crossfire I would go for the 260 purely because they are only an extra £56 & they are better.If I was to just want one graphics kind and I wasnt going to SLI/crossfire I would definately go for the 4850 as they are a great price & they is nothing between 4850 & 9800GTX+ on lower resolutions,my screen is only 1280x1024 so either would be fine.Your cant go wrong with any of these cards as they are all amazing.I still remember the days of the amstrad CPC464 & that would wipe the floor with all of you!lolTime to put this thread to bed I think.See ya folks.

That 4850 is was overpriced man. It should cost closer to 98 pounds. My monitor is also 1280x1024 analog lcd. And you think you have old gear. I have a TRS-80 MC10 sitting with me. Runs M$ basic 1.0 copyright 1980. The cpu is under 1mhz. its about 900khz.

Artifacts don't ruin the card but they're a sign of the card being pushed too hard with stock voltage, and i would not continue to push the card like that. G92's are supposed to be known to be defective, but ive ran into no issues and if you have an EVGA or XFX card, warranty takes care of it anyways.

Yes we need to keep things civil, the fact is we are all smart for custom building in the first place and not buying oem pc's. Arguing with each other over what is the best/fastest leads nowhere, the fastest always changes anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom