New Gaming PC - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, IMHO...your friends dont know what they are talking about. BUT..its your money and your rig, so i wont say anything else about it. you work hard for your bread, buy what YOU want. trust me when i was buying my first AMD rig i was getting clobbered by people telling me to buy intel...but i was very happy with my (numerous) AMD chips for some time. buy what you want.
okay, the gtx280 will last for some time, yes indeedy. maybe 2+ years (total guesstimate). there are people still running newer games with 7900 cards. those are a couple years old now.

Why not get an actual LAN oriented case?
Newegg.com - NZXT rogue
or
Newegg.com - Thermaltake lanbox

I can spring you a great deal on the Rogue (since I'm an NZXT dealer). $149 with free shipping sound good? Instead of $149 + $26 shipping for the Rogue on NewEgg. It's pretty close to the $134 that the Xclio you chose is with shipping, and I'd say it's a lot better for a LAN based PC.

EDIT:
Why are you asking about getting 250mm fans? The Xclio comes with 2 included and has no support for any more, so unless you are needing faster/quieter 250mm fans, the ones the Xclio has would do fine.

By the way vista is not bad at all, it works fine for me. It was really buggy at first but most microsoft OS's are like that for the first year. Apple and other companies took advantage of that and now even though it is fixed they still make it seem like vista is horrible when it really is better then XP. (I think and a lot of other people do to)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom