evga NForce 780i or 790i

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the same assumption I had going into this.
I kind of figured that the Q6600 is easier to OC than the Q9450.

So I'm torn on either getting the P5Q Premium or the P5Q Deluxe.
I really can't see a huge difference between the 2.

Hey nagasama, any good reviews on the P5Q Deluxe? I just saw it in your sig.

i dunno, seems like people are getting high VID 6600's and having to juice them up just to hit like 3.2.....
thirdshift and v-dub can do 4+ghz on theirs, but they are really an exception (and i think they have earlier chips). the q9450 will do 3.2-3.4 ghz easy as pie.
not a lot of differences. 10 onboard usb vs 6, i think the premium has one more pcie x 16 slot. probably a few raid-related things, maybe some SATA ports or something. probably nothing worth 50 bucks unless you have a crapload of usb devices to plug in the back.
here's a decent review by occ:
Asus P5Q Deluxe Review - Overclockers Club

OH YEAH...
i forgot to mention, if you are buying in the US, a q9550 is like, only a few dollars more than a 9450 on newegg. and it has another 1/2 multiplier, which "should" make it overclock better.

the 9450 is technically end of line so its price hasnt moved. the 9550 just dropped 200 bucks because its going to replace the 9450 in that price range. Personally i suggest getting an e0 8400 for 150 bucks and overclocking the crap out of it and saving up for a core i7 in a year or so. I'm actually debating on dropping an 8400 in my gaming rig and going for 4.5 and moving the quad to the media pc as it should cut down on my encoding time ripping dvd's to the hard drive.

Also, yes, i got one of the first g0's before they dropped under 300 bucks. I think i got one of the first shipments from tankguys.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
I played with this board last weekend. Looks to be pretty solid.

So this is what I got, and I can't complain cause it's free.

P5K SE
Q6600
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 DDR800

Decent board....probably swap that one out later on in the future.

Still deciding on my Video Card.

Btw, I would like to thank all of you guys that has replied.

I've been looking for a forum like this in a while.

Thanks, for the helps, and once again this is a great forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom