Seems like a great deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i agree with redmoon, 550vx is better priced, still power ur system with ease. also one thing i have noticed with the nvidia chipsets especially is bad vdroops, they do get annoying, p45 is a much better chipset platform.

It isn't fair to say that isn't a great deal based on your self build. Include in that liquid cooling, cd drives and all the other components that will make it almost have the exact BUILT specs as that one... Then if you find that you can do that cheaper then you can say you don't have a deal.

I tried pricing out the exact same components through a self build and I came out spending more than the 1409 (after rebate) that you will buy that system for...

the big thing that you're missing though is that they use crappy components. premade wc loops are generally a no-go unless its a 3rd party kit (petra's and i assume dangerden also has one). with that cooling you're most likely going to get ****** performance, performance that could be had for a 40 dollar air cooler and fan. 2 drives is fine, but with one being only a dvd-rom? wtf is that... added onto that, the mobo is a ****** chipset. the 750i FTW isn't bad, but the 750i is.. also the gtx260 is no slouch, but the 4780 gives it a run for its money and is cheaper to boot. and I'd rather have 4gb of quality oc'ing ram than 8gb of value ram ;)

so yes you're right, if you price it out, then they will give you a bit of a deal, but the thing is, why spend 1400 on a setup with crappy specs when you can spend under 1000 and have a pc with great specs. savvy?

the big thing that you're missing though is that they use crappy components. premade wc loops are generally a no-go unless its a 3rd party kit (petra's and i assume dangerden also has one). with that cooling you're most likely going to get ****** performance, performance that could be had for a 40 dollar air cooler and fan. 2 drives is fine, but with one being only a dvd-rom? wtf is that... added onto that, the mobo is a ****** chipset. the 750i FTW isn't bad, but the 750i is.. also the gtx260 is no slouch, but the 4780 gives it a run for its money and is cheaper to boot. and I'd rather have 4gb of quality oc'ing ram than 8gb of value ram ;)

so yes you're right, if you price it out, then they will give you a bit of a deal, but the thing is, why spend 1400 on a setup with crappy specs when you can spend under 1000 and have a pc with great specs. savvy?

Add to that they do not specify what type of PSU it is. 800w is all they say, and that could be 800w of pure ****. Those companies do things to make the computer 'look' good, like 8GBs of ram (which is not needed for gaming at all) which is most probably cheap, and of poor quality.

With a self built system it can be better managed to get an all round balanced, high quality system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom