Need a new mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about everyone else... But I have BOTH wireless & wired gaming mouse.

Wireless:

I have a Logitech MX (i think 700 series, its at home and im at work) Wireless mouse that I bought in 2003. The mouse has been put through COUNTLESS hours of gaming, and computer use (over 5 hours a day). I still have the orig batteries that it came with and they still hold a charge that lasts if I keep it off the charger for 3 days. I have had ZERO problems with gaming!!!

Pros:
Smooth performance
Great battery life (has NEVER died on me)
NO WIRE!!!

Cons:
no side scrolling mouse wheel

Wired:

I recently bought the logitech G5 gaming mouse ( Newegg.com - Logitech G5 2-Tone 7 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Laser 2000 dpi Mouse - Mouse ) for my laptop. I can tell that it is a little smoother on the same surface than my above wireless mouse, but I really cannot tell a difference side by side except having the annoying cord in the way, and the sideways scrolling mouse wheel. The G5 has weight adjustments, but its prettymuch the same weight as my wireless mouse.

Pros:
Very Smooth on surfaces
Weight adjustments
Mousewheel with sidescrolling
7 buttons

Cons:
Wire seems to get in way (like any wired mouse)
Wire seems pretty stiff, and not plyable

To sum it up both mice work wonderful. I am an avid gamer for FPS, strategy, RPG you name it... I CANT TELL A DIFFERENCE! I would have personally bought the G7 wireless mouse, but it made me so mad that they dont have 2 buttons on the side like my old mouse and g5.

if your cord gets in the way when you got a wireless mouse just sellotape it to the wall but make sure theres enough room to move about, i did it and it made it alot easier to move about and less stiff ;p

lol @ G7 not being a good gaming mouse. i have one and experience absolutely ZERO difference between it and my previous G5. it rocks. i pwn all day with it. if you want a great wireless gaming mouse, G7 is it.

g5, forget wireless

this. I had a wireless and got sick of it always dying at the worst times. The g5 rocks. Just wish i could put more weight in it.

Also, as to the whole "wire gets in the way" most good mice have a very very nimble mouse cable. My g5 has a cloth type lining rather than the plastic that most mice use. So its never in the way.

screw that dude :p...
the G7 comes with 2 batteries that charge through the USB port and it has a BIG FLASHING RED LIGHT that tells you the battery is low. click, bang drop the battery out and hot swap them...for chrisesakes it takes all of 5 seconds...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom