Need a new mobo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtumble2

In Runtime
So I'm getting a e7200 (2.53 wolf) soon. I need a new motherboard and right now I have a gtx 260, which I may sli in the future although im not sure yet.

Anyhow, I need an ATX mobo, socket 775, sli (if possible), preferably asus, and under $150.

Any suggestions?

Dude, thats a sick board but isnt the nforce series of mobos kinda unreliable or have bad support or something? would an x38 be better or what. And dude, I love the dual x16.. Sli with that would be crazy bandwidth

I know, I've read that sticky a few times already. I know you cant sli on the x38 or x48 or whatever but I probably wont sli anyhow. And I will have to say im an asus fanboy. Ive never had anything else, and ive never had an asus fail on me whatsoever in any way shape or form. Except for my crap locked bios. That sucks.

But anyhow, is that biostar any good? I like asus because they have good online support and release bios updates years after the mobo was released which is really nice. If a mobo was good enough and had good support then id get it, but ive always had good luck with asus. So nforce is pretty decent though? I dont wanna get something unreliable, but that board does look pretty nice

my thing is if u think ur gonna sli in the future get a nforce board, either a 750i or 780i. if not get a intel chipset, either a p45 or x48.

but nforce isnt bad its jsut that intel chipsets are better

In what ways are they better? You have an nforce.. do you have any terror stories or regrets of not getting an intel chipset?

u can usually get a higher overclock on a intel board. but only problem ive had with my 680i is the fsb hole i have around 375 fsb, but it doesnt bother me too much and thats why ive had it so long. but im not really one who can answer why intel is better i havnt had too much experience with them sence this 680i is the only mb ive oc'ed with. and no i dont have any regrets gettin a nforce board, i knew i was gonna sli so i got an sli board. even though i went through 3 video cards b4 i sli'ed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom