Build feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I'm building for a coworker and he is not gaming at all on this, But planning to use autocad and solidworks and when he asked my opinion about the Dell he was looking at (the XPS420 systems :eek:) I told him he was going to pay way too much and still need some upgrades for a good system so I told him I would put together a list for him and this is what I came up with for far less than the Dell he was looking at. As for the video card I told him I would sell my XFX 7950 for cheap (just replaced it with a 9800GTX+)and it is more than enough for what he wants and has the transferable lifetime warrenty on it for him. Tell me what things I could upgrade or change for better keeping in the close to same price range.

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q SE LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - Pioneer Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - ASUS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 14X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache E-IDE/PATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

I went with one Sata and one IDE dvd rom because I some times have issues with one or the other in some applications, so he's safe in the casw and has that as the only ide in the system.

Thanks for the help.

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom