New build...any holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
So putting together a low-mid range comp together for someone who's looking for a system that will play all games today on standard settings, nothing too fancy....not a crysis gamer.

CM 690
Antec Truepower Trio 550W
e2180
Patriot Extreme 2GB
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
EVGA 9800GT
LG GH22NP20
500GB Seagate

His $$$ was a little low for a 4850...which is what i wanted for him. The 9800gt should be ok I'm guessing. What about the GA-EP35-DS3L?

So putting together a low-mid range comp together for someone who's looking for a system that will play all games today on standard settings, nothing too fancy....not a crysis gamer.

CM 690
Antec Truepower Trio 550W
e2180
Patriot Extreme 2GB
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
EVGA 9800GT
LG GH22NP20
500GB Seagate

His $$$ was a little low for a 4850...which is what i wanted for him. The 9800gt should be ok I'm guessing. What about the GA-EP35-DS3L?

Looks good considering you can't afford an HD 4850... maybe check out the e5200?

Yeah....was thinking that as well...especially as i don't think this guy is going to do much OCing.

You know much on the Ultra V-series PSUs? I have a guy here with a brand new 500 watt Utral V-Series he'll let go for $35.

From what I've read their not the greatest but not terrible and if you're not stressing them they will be ok for the build i mentioned.

That would free up another $30 - $40 bucks...maybe get that 4850.

[edit] Ultra Products - V-Series 500 Watt PSU - Black [/edit]

V-Series.. I wouldn't trust my rig with an Ultra PSU honestly... unless it was that one good one (I forget which)

Yeah, I know the others are superior...just getting tempted by this offer, it's the Ultra Grid 500w psu+case. I think its too ugly to touch with a 10 foot pole but I can get the case+psu for $60 cash locally...that saves me about $100 on the build when you factor out the tax and extra S&H.

An additional $100 would bump that card up to the 4850 and the processor to the e5200.

Ultra Products - Grid ATX Mid-Tower Case w/ 500W V-Series PSU - Black

Essentially the build above or the one below, for the same price:

Ultra Grid ATX
Ultra V-Series 500W
e5200
Patriot Extreme 2GB
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
Paliat 4850
LG GH22NP20
500GB Seagate

[edit]I heard the X3 from Ultra is good...but that was about it for high quality psus from ultra :p[/edit]

Yeah, I know the others are superior...just getting tempted by this offer, it's the Ultra Grid 500w psu+case. I think its too ugly to touch with a 10 foot pole but I can get the case+psu for $60 cash locally...that saves me about $100 on the build when you factor out the tax and extra S&H.

An additional $100 would bump that card up to the 4850 and the processor to the e5200.

Ultra Products - Grid ATX Mid-Tower Case w/ 500W V-Series PSU - Black

Essentially the build above or the one below, for the same price:

Ultra Grid ATX
Ultra V-Series 500W
e5200
Patriot Extreme 2GB
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
Paliat 4850
LG GH22NP20
500GB Seagate

[edit]I heard the X3 from Ultra is good...but that was about it for high quality psus from ultra :p[/edit]

Only 28A on that PSU, ouch! You would be very lucky to run a 4850 on that.

Put it this way - my PSU creates 56A, exactly twice as much for only 50 more watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom