9800gtx+ vs gtx 260

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the 7900GS fold? I have still have my old opty rig, I could put it into folding.

Unfortunately, no.

Only CUDA supported cards, G80 or higher.

You could sell of that 7900GS and pick up a used 8800GT or a $90 9600GSO and put it to fold and get some nice points. You could also fold on that 4870 you have, the client runs while you game and it can be paused/restarted as much as you like.

Nah man g80 or higher only

EDIT: Curses foiled again

There is that one 9600GSO going for $50 after MIR ;)

I thought about folding on my 8800gs but running my hardware at load 24/7 isn't a concept I am exactly comfortable with. The possibility that all g92's are defective didn't do much to help.

Plus I don't want to run up my parents electric bill.

It wont really run up the bill, if you ran it 24hours a day the whole month it would be about $10 a month higher. I fold on three of them and it makes the bill a little over $30 higher.

Your system is on right now isnt it? You can fold while posting on forums and just pause the client and shutdown when asleep. And the defective thing, meh. Ive had one for almost a year now and its fine. XFX has lifetime warranty too, if it craps out youll get a new one free of charge.

Yea my evga has lifetime, worse than xfx tho cuz xfx is fully transferable.

But yeah when i get my new rig setup itll be pretty sweet for folding.

Edit: do intel chips come with any warranty of any kind?

Yeah except for it came with overclocking software on a cd lol! it only comes with evga Precision with the 280/260. Its a great program, shows graphs, gpu temps, overclock options, fan options, start on windows startup, etc. And so far its the only thing that has actually set the 3d clocks in programs. Crysis is nuts on an overclock. And BTW, it does run 3d settings at 1500 on the shader (3000 effective).....

2222222222pv6.jpg

Gimme some o/c stats and ill be glad to clock em up. I relly dont care if i blow the card, ill talk evga into a new one. BTW.. i can run those clocks in atitools without artifacts. Not crysis though lol. crysis gets artifacts on the stock clocks cuz my cpu blows

Not bad though?

He was referring to Intel chips warranty being voided when you overclock, not the card. The card is covered under warranty.

And what i said couldn't run at 1500 was the memory clock, not the shader.

Artifacts have nothing to do with the cpu. If youre getting artifacts in any game, even on stock clocks then youve already ruined the card.

Lol it was funny, I was like im gonna show this kid what my card can do. Clocked it up to 1500 and it went pink. Kinda funny..does this really hurt my card? and short term or long term

Yeah but crysis had artifacts like the 2nd day of playing. First day I played for prb like 5 hrs and by the second day it had artifacts in the distance. Thing is, I have never gotten artifacts in anything else besides crysis. Cod4, atitools, furmark, and bf2 have never, ever given me a single artifact, ever. Its only in crysis I'm getting artifacts. I bought the thing like a week ago so i still have the 30 day with newegg and the lifetime with evga cuz i registered it.

I never play games overclocked except like twice in crysis and only for 5 or 10 minutes both times

Dude how many times do we have to say it. Any artifacts are bad. Your card jsut isn't being damaged when its artifacting, its continually hurting itself when in 3d mode. Cut it back now before you break the thing. it's obvious you have no idea what you are doing. And you seem to blow off everything we say. We have been doing this much longer than you, stop being a smartass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom