computer suddenly turning off

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude112

In Runtime
I just build myself a new system (see sig).
I'm running on vista x64.
I ran intelburntest 10 tests without a problem. Prime95 a hour or so (i know should be longer).
My computer suddenly turned off while playing a game.
Is this a sign of overheating videocard or a bad oc or vista x64?

Oc settings:
3:ghz@1.325 vcore multiplier x9
1:1 ram
4-4-4-15-2t

nothing drastic.

Check the video card temps first. ATiTool doesnt work in Vista so you will have to check it another way.

Well, I'm running a dual boot system and installed atitool in xp 32bit but it's not responing when i open it.

GPU-Z, everest and Catalist overdrive show it's 69C idle and 105-110 in load. But I'm a bit sceptical about these temperatures because when touching the card it doesn't feel that hot. fyi i touched the sides of the heatpipe on the vf90-cu.

It turned off while playing bionic commando rearmed (within 15-30 min) in vista x64 as in xp x86 but when playing assassin's creed in dx10 max settings it runs fine (played about an hour).
Will try some other games but is it normal for the computer to just turn off when a videocard is overheating or am i suppose to get a error warning?
Other errors are freezing but still hearing the music and being able to move the cursor but the computer won't respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom