My computer won't start...please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffinking

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my system. I've had it for about 2 months now with no problems, but I tried to start today and it won't get past the black screen that boldy proclaims "DFI LANPARTY DARK SERIES." I restarted it multiple times with no success...any ideas?

I don't know if this is relavent, but right before this all happened the school's internet crashed, so I shut my computer down. This all started after I tried to start it after that. I unplugged the ethernet too, but that didn't help. Oddly enough, I hear the slightlest ticking noise coming from what sounds like the bottom front case fan...I've never noticed it before and it is very quiet.

Here's the build...maybe it can offer some insight.
DFI Lanparty mobo
4 gigs G Skill ram
640gb westers digital hd
radeon 4870 video
Intel Q660
Vista 64 bit

Thanks a ton guys! I need to use this thing to write a paper, so any help would really be appreciated!

I tried...at least I think. I don't have my manual up at school but I looked it up and it said to press the reset and power button at the same time. I did multiple times and it did nothing...thanks for the help by the way.

Okay nevermind... I figured out how to do it and it worked! I think I'm good to go. Thanks a ton for the help man! I really appreciate it.

Well it would appear victory is short-lived...
Resetting the CMOS works...at least until I turn the computer off. As soon as I try to turn it back on, it does the same thing! I've reset the CMOS about 6 times now and it's worked about 3, so it's not even a for sure fix anymore. Does anyone know why I have to do this every time I turn my computer on? Any help help is greatly appreciated and I'm not turning this thing off until I have an answer!

Thanks guys.

C'mon guys no ideas? I really need to figure this out! My friend said the CMOS chip might be bad...what sort of repair does that require? A whole new mobo? Please help me!

I'm at college and a working computer is quite the necessity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom