Max overclock - GTX 260 865/1865/1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you can find one get the Sunbeamtech Core Contact

Very good cooler and comes with TX2 as well. Just fitte one on my buddies puter yesterday to cool his q6600 and its pretty cool. Nice mounting system too...

that's actually not a bad score. Looks like ATI is teh suxorz on this bench

stock clocks: -------------------------------------------OC clocks 825/1150:
92395816yf2.png
80485340jz1.png

It's better. The mounting mechanism is much better and very easy, the bottom is much flatter and better machined (very rough on the S1283), and there's also 1 addition heatpipe for a total of 4 compared to the 3 on the S1283.

After fitting it to my friend's computer the other day I was pretty impressed with it...overall build quality seems a notch or two above the Xigmatek as well.

Hey gurusan..

For the first time my card actually ran furmark on overclocked 3d settings! I remembered the 260 came with evga precision, which is a really good program. I set the clocks higher all around and nothing happened. When I double clicked furmark, before it even went into the bench all the clocks on the graph jumped to what i had overclocked them to, which at the time was 740/1599/1200. I ran furmark, and it ran (with artifacts) to about 45% until it locked up. Pressed escape and it quit and the clocks all dropped. I didnt take a screenshot (I shouldve, and will if I get it to work again). My GPU got to 68C with the fan on 100 and both case fans running.

Problem is, I cant get the card to run the 3d settings again. I was getting crappy fps when overclocking because it wasnt running those settings, it was running the standby 2d apparently. Is there a way to force the 3d settings to come on so I can run stuff again? The atitool graph was running around 1300fps as well. Anyhow thanks dude

You're getting selfish about the overclocks...

If you're not careful you'll kill it for good (then hope you have good warranty)

Ummm, maybe cause you just got the card???

Why are you so set on overclocking it?? Even at stock clocks its plenty fast, and with the cpu you have youre losing performance anyways.

And i hope you know you have to register the card for warranty to take effect, and it takes a couple weeks to get a card back.

Yeah i registered it the day I got it. It came with overclocking software (EVGA Precision) so they'll replace it. I only got artifacts in furmark on 745/xxxx and 1200 then it crashed at 45%. Crysis is the only game i get artifacts in, overclocked or not.

Im not really set on overclocking, I just think its cool and I like seeing what the fastest clcoks i can get are. when your folding is it possible to get artifacts? and since it would be running in the background, should I actually declock it slightly so it can run longer? And im getting a antec 900 and a apevia 120mm for the side, so it will be plenty cool in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom